1st September 2016 - We are pleased to announce the availability of the latest Carbon Plug-in build, which has some exciting new features.
1) Houdini 15.5 now supported. Our latest build now supports Houdini 15.5 and includes both python 2.6 and python 2.7 support.
2) NEW Carbon SOP Simulation nodes allow you to run Carbon with the Houdini standard license (rather than needing the more expensive FX license). Also the SOP nodes are much more artist friendly. The Carbon SOP Simulation has initially a smaller feature set than the DOP equivalent (no Carbon Plumage, Actor, Draping or Joint nodes for now), and is a little slower, but is way more Artist friendly with the ability to directly paint parameters maps and select constraint points from the relevant Carbon nodes. There are links inside the documentation to the SOP examples when they are available.
3) An exciting new feature is the ability to use the Carbon Binding node between two soft objects (Cloth/Cloth, Cloth/Tetra or Tetra/Tetra), allowing you to add things such as pockets onto garments without requiring matching points or tessellation on the geometry underneath. Check binding.hip for a Cloth/Cloth attachment example.
4) NEW Carbon Welding parameters now allow springy attachments between Cloth and Rigid Body objects. The new Carbon Welding Actor/Soft mode allows to tether Carbon Cloth or Tetra to the world without the need for a Carbon Collider. Look at the modified welding.hip file for an example.
5) You can now animate the Binding/Stitching/Welding/Seaming/Draping point groups and parameters, so its possible to emulate effects such as tearing, temporary pinning, ... etc. Check out the stitching.hip file for an example of a tearing effect.
In addition we have added a few general fixes, and various other improvements to all our constraints.